What if I change my mind?

While you have capacity you can change your mind at any time. If you would like to change the content of your Advance Decision then you can easily do this by logging back into your My Decisions account. Once you have made any changes, and the new form has been signed and witnessed, you should give copies of the new form to anyone who had the old version. You should tell them to destroy their copies of the old version.

You can also cancel it completely by destroying it and advising anyone who has a copy to do the same.

Remember that your Advance Decision will only come into effect when you lack capacity. So if you still have capacity to make decisions about medical treatment, your Advance Decision will not apply.